Saturday, June 19, 2010

WHy can't I get rid of a cookie?

I have a Toshiba computer, and I have Norton as a virus protection software (2007). Everytime it runs the check, it always has something that says "Attention Required." The thing there is a tracking cookie. I read about them the first time I saw it was on my computer and I learned to remove them. I clean out my computer (the history, cookies, and browsed websites) to make sure I get rid of things, and my computer is protected very well. Yet, every time Norton runs, it always has that cookie. I have a feeling it's the same one.



If you are trying to answer my question and need more information, just put it on the answer and I will add more details.



**Note: I do not have anything memorized into my computer such as passwords and automatic log in. I am too afraid of hacking.



Thank you!!!



WHy can't I get rid of a cookie?antispyware



It is OK. You will pick up cookies every time you go on the internet. Yahoo uses cookies to keep track of your settings and preferences. Just clean them out occasionally.



WHy can't I get rid of a cookie?best antivirus software



get and run spybot



spybot hates tracking cookies
start your computer in safe mode and run norton's....it should get rid of it them....but if you go back to that web site that put it there in the first place a lot, then it'll just show up again
keep deleting all your history at internet options and your history in the favourites menu if your running IE7

No comments:

Post a Comment