Saturday, June 19, 2010

Can anti-virus software disconnect your internet connection?

my internet connection's been disconnected a lot lately within 5-10 minute intervals...but when I turned off my anti-virus software (the SBC online protection one)...the connection continued for more than 10 minutes...however my computer is at risk of viruses...how can I configure my anti-virus software to not cut the connection and be able to stay on?



Can anti-virus software disconnect your internet connection?security



Both myself and my Mum have had conflicting troubles with the Norton AV software - we both now use McAfee and have had no trouble since.



I'd suggest changing to a different one, one which doesn't conflict with your internet



Can anti-virus software disconnect your internet connection?trojan



ya it gets disconnected form internet bec but u have to install some other antivirus
Anti-virus software won't, but if you have a security suite, then yes the firewall can shut down your network connection as well as any peripheral devices, like printers, external hard drives and the such. Making exceptions rules in the software is the only way to make it work properly. Most programs have an allow and remember this answer or setting type wizard when they detect programs accessing the internet. I hope this helps.
I was having the same kind of connection problems a couple of weeks ago. I also use the Online protection package. Please do not turn it off. It is not causing the problem. I don't know what is causing it, but since I called AT%26T and got a work order the problem cleared and I have had no connection problems since.



Call the main Toll free number at 1-877-722-3755.

No comments:

Post a Comment