Saturday, June 19, 2010

This spyware wont go away?!??

My computer was basically attacked the other day, and my computer was filled to the brim with spyware and viruses, all because my lazy dad forgot to buy McAfee a few weeks ago, and never did it. I downloaded the trial version of McAfee and removed all the virus i could (i think i got em all). Next i downloaded Ad-Aware because i kept getting fake warning messages and pop-ups about my computer being infected, and things like,download this program! buy this, get rid of spyware and adware! i ran ad-aware and found a total of 948 infections on my computer, and got rid of those. Unfortunatley after restarting my computer, there was still one thing left that it didnt catch, and periodically, it pops up saying that "Somebody's attacking your computer. Click OK to get spyware blocker and protection" i rescanned and found nothing else, can somebody help me get rid of this once and for all?



This spyware wont go away?!??abtuvurys 2005



Phony pop-up alert boxes, background changes or "balloon" pop-ups from the tray (by the clock) about a trojan, virus or spyware infection and the attempt to sell you some useless software to "fix" the problem usually indicates that your computer has a Smitfraud infection. DO NOT BUY THE PRODUCT THEY TRY TO SELL YOU! IT IS SCAM.



Sounds like your computer may have a variant of this ubiquitous Smitfraud infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment