Saturday, June 19, 2010

Which router to choose?

I have one computer connected through DSL. I have no other computers in my home to connect to yet but I want a router for the hardware firewall that it offers. I don't need bells and whistles and cost is a factor.



My questions are: Do all routers, including wired and not wired types offer firewall protection?



With cost and firewall in mind which router would you all recommend?



thanks in advance



Which router to choose?pop up blocker



Yes, all routers are hardware firewalls, and in many cases will always work better than software firewalls. I personally really like the Linksys WRT54G router. You can pick it up for under $50. What ever router you do end up going with make sure that it is a wireless router and that it uses the Wireless G frequency. All wireless routers also come with usually 4 LAN inputs so that you can use a CAT 5 cable to connect the computers through a hardwire if desired. If you purchase a router that supports wireless technology you will just be saving yourself time and money if you do ever decide to move into the wireless realm with a new computer or laptop. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment