Saturday, June 19, 2010

Mcafee problems?

So on my computer I have a program called Mcafee and it scans my computer for viruses and so on. My computer is also Microsoft windows xp. The problem is I got a warning saying that my computer is not protected and that my virus protection is out of date but right now Mcafee is scanning my computer for viruses and whatnot but yet it says I am not protected? It doesn't make any sence to me and I was wondering if there is something wrong or anything I should be aware of. Please help me!



Mcafee problems?anti virus software



Windows XP has a service called Security Center which monitors your anti-virus, firewall etc and warns you if your virus definitions are out of date or a security module is not working. However, Security Center is pretty buggy, and will sometimes report problems when there is none. It really can't be relied upon.



McAfee should update its definitions most every day. Have you noticed if it has been updating? The only sure way to tell is to look inside McAfee itself and find out. It should say "last update:" or something similar.



As long as McAfee is updating itself regularly (daily), then everything is all-OK.



Mcafee problems?aurora



to all computer users never use mcafee its no good it slows down computers i removed it and now i use avast the computer speed is fast again Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment