Saturday, June 19, 2010

Can't get rid of spyware, viruses.... SBC's FAULT!!?

I am so frustrated!! I've been using computers since they first came out and have never had any problems with viruses, ect UNTIL I got with SBC.When they were SBC the protection software worked, then I had to reinstall with AT%26T in March and kept calling, telling them my computer was acting weird and I didn't think the protection software was working properly. Well.... last week I found 4 programs LOADED in my add/remove, over 400 adware, spyware, viruses, dialers, YOU NAME IT I HAVE/HAD it. And once again their software is not working, they say it would have happened weather I had protection or not. Not true.. OR AT LEAST I don't think it's true...



Someone told me to reinstall my software not to restore it. I have a HP computer, no software disc. What is the best way to clean up or should I reinstall? What about all the updates .. Have a Windows XP SP2...



Thanks.



Can't get rid of spyware, viruses.... SBC's FAULT!!?anti virus protection



Hi there,



Everyone will no doubt proceed to recommend AVG for antivirus, and then Adaware %26 Spybot for dealing with spy/adware.



However, I would avoid these free programs whose strength in protecting against malware seems to be deteriorating on a daily basis - many new variants are just sailing straight through their defences.



I would strongly recommend a relatively new program called Prevx1. This is an All-in-one solution that is continually proving to detect, protect and remove more malware than all other leading security vendors.

No comments:

Post a Comment